The German Development Cooperation (Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ) GmbH (www.giz.de) seeks to employ a qualified and reputable Communication Specialist for Climate-Resilient, Water and regional outreach to support the implementation activities in Grenada for the programme “Climate-Resilient Water Sector in Grenada (G-CREWS).
Starting date for the successful candidate will be 1st of October 2019.
Jointly financed by the Green Climate Fund and by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) under its International Climate Initiative (IKI), the Government of Grenada and the German Development Cooperation (GIZ) are implementing the Climate- Resilient Water Sector in Grenada (G-CREWS). The objective of this project is to increase systemic climate change resilience in Grenada’s water sector.
The successful candidate will be part of the local GIZ team working on increased climate resilience of the water sector in Grenada.
He or she will be based in Grenada, but with occasional regional or international missions. Together with the team colleagues he or she will assist the project implementation with a focus on:
• Creating awareness and broad understanding about the limits and challenges regarding to water resources availability in Grenada
• Systematically integrating climate-smart thinking into water supply and resource measures of the government, the water utility and the users.
• Support behavioral change activities of water users and decision-makers
• University degree in Communications / PR or a discipline in a subject related to climate change, water/land use/agriculture, public management or (climate) economics
Professional Experience and required competences
• At least 6 years’ professional experience in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication or lobbying or similar)
• Experiences in event and project management, change processes, multi-stakeholder coordination in a climate or development context;
• Experience in working on a sector related to climate change or water resource management
• At least 2 years’ experience with public awareness-raising activities in the CARICOM region
• Previous work experiences for or with the Government of Grenada would be an asset
• experience with media production
• editorial experience, experience in writing articles and press releases
Languages and Applications:
• Excellent command of MS-Office;
• Ability to express oneself well both verbally and in writing; polished, target-group oriented style
• Excellent communication and networking skills;
• Excellent team player
• Driving licences for standard vehicles
If you are interested, kindly submit your cover letter and CV in PDF form and in English to: HRCaribbean@giz.de . Candidate’s application will be received by 25th of August 2019
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being
considered. Thank you for your understanding. All documents will be dealt with in strict confidentiality.