Employment Opportunity wth the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States: Knowledge Associate Communications - Castries, LC Department Communications Employment..
Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States
Knowledge Associate Communications - Castries, LC Department Communications Employment Type Permanent
Minimum Experience Entry-level
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is the inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance between countries and dependencies in the Eastern Caribbean. Read More...
As a member of the Knowledge Management team, the Associate supports the Information Management Officer in the execution of the current KM Strategy through direct participation in activities across the Commission as outlined in the Annual Work Plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Knowledge Management (KM) through the life cycle management (LCM) of knowledge assets (physical and electronic) within the Communications Unit and throughout the Commission according to set Standards, Policy and Metrics using relevant software platforms;
- Oversee the management of and serve as custodian for all incoming and outgoing print and electronic documentation/correspondence through application of KM LCM policy and under the relevant Record Classification Schema for the Pharmaceutical Procurement Service (PPS);
- Provide assistance in the management of the Commission’s archival/historical and vital records;
- Assist in the preparation of extracts and documents, reports and other correspondence for cross-referencing of information;
5.Provide strong reference services to stakeholders through professional, timely retrieval, compilation of knowledge;
- Organise and facilitate reproduction (print and electronic) and collating services ensuring high quality, timely and accurate delivery in a professional manner;
7.Assist Procurement Officers with the distribution of monthly country statements, other record related assignments; s.Assist the Administrative Assistant Ill with preparation for meetings, workshops and conferences, which includes preparation and management of Pharmaceutical Procurement Service workshop documents and evaluation reports;
- Assist with the submission of samples for quality control testing;
- Receive and send facsimile messages in a timely manner;
11.Replenish and maintain postage stamp imprest as required;
- Prepare electronic DHL Forms, as well as FedEx and LIAT airway bills for efficient despatch;
- Any additional related duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
¢ Qualification in Electronic Document Preparation and Management (EDPM), CSEC preferred but not necessary;
Minimum of an Associate Degree/Recognised technical diploma preferred;
Applied specialist knowledge to event and project management;
Applied knowledge of organisational policies, procedures, and process to assignments.
2 years experience in a related field.
Drive with Purpose and Vision Create an Environment of Trust Build Effective Teams
Ensure Accountability Demonstrate Decision Quality
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The position is on permanent establishment subject to satisfactory annual reviews. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and exempt from income taxes. The incumbent will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme. The successful applicant will also be eligible for membership in the group pension plan.
Deadline for applications: August 15, 2019
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.