CARICOM, Italy sign cooperation agreement
Posted in: Press Releases by admin | 10 December 2015 | 9110
CARICOM and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cooperation in areas of mutual interest, Thursday.
CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque and Italy’s Special Envoy for the Countries of the Caribbean, Paolo Serpi signed the document on the sidelines of the UN Climate Change conference, COP 21 in Paris, France.
The MOU is expected to strengthen political, scientific and technical relations, and promote development cooperation. The Major areas of focus will include:
Disaster risk management
Fight against organized crime,
Modernization of the productive sectors
Scientific and technological research
Sustainable tourism and agri-business
Youth policies and vocational training
- (2019/10/09) - Crime and violence initiatives continue in CARIFORUM: At risk youth targeted for animation and Digital Media Training in Suriname - Read more ...
- (2019/10/03) - Island States and the SDGs: IAEA Acting Director General in New York - Read more ...
- (2019/09/12) - Tropical storm warning for northwestern Bahamas - Read more ...
- (2019/09/09) - OPM: More than 900 officers sent to Abaco, GB - Read more ...
- (2019/09/02) - CARICOM reacts as ‘Dorian’ pounds Bahamas - Read more ...